Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ouch!!!!

I had the nerve blocks today.  Eight shots in all; 4 in the back of my head and 4 above my eyes.  It was very painful.  I'm very uncomfortable tonight as the areas where the shots were hurt  and the stress of it all set off my back pain (fibromyalgia).  I cannot find a comfortable spot to lay my head to go to sleep.  I've already taken as much  meds as I can/should.  I'm just waiting for them all to kick in to put me out of my misery for a few hours. 

On the good side, the blocks have helped my chronic head/scalp pain.  It will be interesting to see how long the pain stays suppressed once the numbing agent wears off.  I go back to the pain doc on Oct. 17th.

I'm scheduled for the pain rehab program tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be up to driving into the city tomorrow morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Update. It has been one week since my injections. I can feel improvement in the inflamation/pain in my scalp. I did have a series of 6 shocking pains through the back of my left eye last night and that set off occipital pain on that side of my head. It calmed down after a while and was gone this morning (8/27/12). I'm still having the original facial pain on my right side. So maybe that is the "typical" trigeminal neuralgia and the "atypical" is the occipital neuralgia.

    ReplyDelete