Sunday, September 23, 2012

Food and Pain.

Pizza, cheesy bread, cinamon rolls, cupcakes.  I might have well just given myself an I.V. of pain direct into my veins.  All those things I ate in one sitting at a birthday party for my husband's great niece at a pizza buffet place.  WTF was I thinking!!!! I'm in so much pain now I can't stand it and I know better.  I am really mad at myself right now.  So you may ask, "What's the connection with what you had for dinner and pain?"  GLUTEN is the reason.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and malt.  People with chronic pain often have an intollerance for gluten.  When the wheat protein enters your small intestine, your body treats it like a foreign object and the reaction you have to that foreign object is, guess what, PAIN.  So everything on the menu tonight was full of wheat, therefore, gluten, so I just basically overdosed myself with pain.

Other things that you ingest that cause pain are from preservatives and additives put in processed foods.  In particular Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Aspartame, and Cystene. MSG is found in most processed boxed and canned foods.  Aspartame is used in almost all diet sodas, Cystene is found in some processed foods.  So read the labels before you put that yummy processed food in your mouth.  The preservatives and additives are put there to make food last longer than it should and to make bland foods taste better.  So if you look at it that way, why would you want to eat it anyway. Unfortunately the industrialization of foods is killing us.  If I felt better I'd protest, but I don't, so I just need to be vigilent about not eating this stuff as well as gluten.

05/08/13
I want to add to this post that since I have had my gallbladder out on February 25th, I am still having severe pain in my back, on the left side, around my kidney after I eat anything of significance.  My doctor has put me on an elimination diet to see if I can find out exactly what foods are causing the attacks.  I'll create a new post in this blog with details.

No comments:

Post a Comment