Thursday, September 26, 2013

New Drugs, New Hope

I have been on two new meds for my gastroperisis. Relistor injections and Domperidone. The Relistor is to promote bowel movement (i.e. lower gi); the Domperidone is to promote stomach movement (i.e. upper gi).  I'm getting some relief and can eat better, but I still get into a pain situation if I eat too much.  At least I can eat a little more than before without setting off my pain. The Domperidone gives me lots of gas which can also set off the pain, i will bring that up with my gi doctor when I go back in a couple weeks. The Relistor gives me some energy and helps a lot with my general widespread pain. This is good news because I haven't felt this much relief from my Fibro pain since I got off of Cymbalta. The problem is, it doesn't really help in the bowel movement category like it's supposed to. So I need to bring that up to my gi doctor too. Relistor is not known to be effective after about four months use. What I wonder is, will it still be effective on m my widespread pain after four months? We'll see. Because it is so effective on my pain I want to keep taking it even if it's not helping with the lower gi issues.

Oh well, I know this post has TMI, but I wanted to document it anyway so I can come back and review at a later date. I'll post an update after I follow up with my Gi Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment